Do You Know What Aluminum Foil Does to Your Body? After Reading This You’ll Never Stop Using It!
Aluminum is the most abundant metal in the earth crust and is the third most abundant element on our planet. With that understanding you would think that aluminum is good for us possibly and that we may need this metal in our body in small amounts, that would be incorrect, though.
For many of you who didn’t know, aluminum foil has many other uses that go outside the kitchen including effective treatment of rheumatic pain, burns as well as eye bags. As a matter of fact, Chinese and Russian natural healers commonly use aluminum foil in their healing practices.
Protect Your Bones and Your Brain
In view of this, you really should avoid using aluminum foil or aluminum utensils for cooking. So here are a few simple steps you can take right away:
- Never cook, heat up, or place hot food on aluminum foil. Use foil only to store cold food in the refrigerator, or to wrap cold sandwiches. I use tempered glass pans. They are easily available in just about every supermarket or hardware store.
- Avoid storing tomatoes, citrus fruits, or spices in foil.
- Replace foil with wax paper if you wish to store food while still hot. Or use glass food storage containers. I keep a variety of sizes handy in my kitchen.
- Never use aluminum pots or cooking utensils. Instead, invest in stainless steel pots and pans.
A number of studies have confirmed that aluminum foil is extremely beneficial in the treatment of:
- back, neck, arm, leg and joint pain,
- muscular pain,
- effects of inflammatory processes,
- postoperative scars,
Aluminum foil wraps against muscle and joint pain
This natural medicine treatment can successfully relieve pain in the neck, back, arms, legs and joints.
Moreover, it can be used to treat sciatica, rheumatoid arthritis, gout and heel pain.
- Using aluminum foil, wrap the painful area on your body.
- Use a bandage to fix it well.
- Leave it act during the day or overnight.
- Even if the pain affects your arms, elbows, knees or legs, wrap the foil around your extremity fastening it with a bandage.
- You should do this treatment for 10-12 days before you take a 1- or 2-week break.
- If the pain continues, repeat the treatment.
Treat Burns using Aluminum foil
Minor burns occurred due to hot water, steam, hot oil or other liquids can be easily treated using aluminum foil. It helps to alleviate the pain caused due to burns and also reduces the skin inflammation.
- As a first aid, you should first hold the burn affected skin under cold running water.
- See if the skin is damaged or not. Clean the wound and dry it with a soft cloth.
- If the skin is quite damaged then use a sterile gauze to absorb the water from the wound.
- Now, apply a layer of ointment on the wound which will prevent the gauze from sticking around the wound.
- Cover the wound using sterile gauze.
- Now, put the aluminum foil over the wound and fasten it using a bandage.
- Allow it to remain till the pain of burn will vanish.
Alleviating post-amputation or phantom pain
According to research, aluminum foil can also be used to address the pain following amputation of an extremity, also known as phantom pain.
The findings of a study on amputees published in the British Journal of Pain reveals that the post-amputation pain was far milder in the group of patients whose limbs were wrapped in aluminum foil as opposed to the group who didn’t undergo such treatment.
- Wrap some aluminum foil around the amputated limb.
- Fasten with bandage, and
- Remove when the pain lessens or disappears.
Treating Insomnia and Fatigue
Many makeup artists and beauticians recommend the facial treatment using aluminum foil. It refreshes the facial cells and reenergizes the face even after a sleepless night.
- Keep sufficient strips of aluminum foil in a freezer for 1-2 hours.
- Put the frozen strips on your cheeks, face and eyelids the area which you want to refresh.
- You might experience that the facial muscles are getting relaxed slowly. Leave the strips on your face for 10 minutes.
- Remove the strips and you will be surprised to see that the signs of fatigue, stress and insomnia are disappeared instantly.
Which Side of Aluminum Foil Should You Use?
Generally, you can use aluminum foil from both of its sides for different treatments. Whereas in order to keep the body part warm you should use the shiny side on the inside connected with the skin. In case you want protection from heat and cool down the skin then use the matte side on inside on the skin directly and keep the shiny side on the outer end.
Although both the sides are equally efficient to treat the health issues, above tip will help to enhance the effect of aluminum foil for disease treatment. Use the given methods to naturally treat the health problems using a simple trick of aluminum foil.