Gastritis is an inflammation or irritation of the lining of the stomach. Gastritis has many causes, including as a result of an infection with the same bacteria that causes most stomach ulcers. Symptoms of gastritis are: indigestion (burning pain in upper abdomen or “pit” of the stomach), nausea or vomiting, pain in the upper abdomen.
There are many therapies for gastritis, but most of the drugs have side effects and can lead to several complications. Here we are going to recommend you natural remedies for your gastritis problem:
Potato juice has been found valuable in relieving gastritis. The recommended dose is half a cup of the juice, two or three times daily, half an hour before meals.
You should cook 2 handfuls of rice in a liter of water. Then strain the water and leave it to cool down. Drink this rice water every morning before breakfast and it will help you reduce heartburn and treat gastritis.
A small piece of ginger can be chewed some time before having meals. This stimulates digestion and also treats gastritis infection. About 120gm of ginger root taken four times every day for about eight weeks is helpful in eliminating bacteria and reducing recurrence of gastritis.
Coconut water has a lot of minerals and compounds which are soothing for digestive system. It is very beneficial in removing toxic radicals from the body. It also helps maintain normal body temperature which assists in normalizing body digestive functions.
Yoghurt is especially beneficial in treating gastritis caused by bacterial infection. It also forms a protective layer on the stomach and intestinal lining. Take a bowl of yoghurt daily for effectively treating gastritis.
Apple and Chamomile
In a pot with water add some apple slices and a fresh chamomile. Boil the mixture and then let it cool. Drink it twice a day.
Blend parsley and add a little water. Drink it every night before going to sleep.
- Fasting on liquid diet is very effective in treatment of gastritis. Juices of fresh fruits like grapes, oranges, apples, pineapples, pears and melons can be administered during the liquid fasting period.
- Eat several small meals and avoid stomach overloading
- Drink lots of warm water through out the day.
- Dairy products like cottage cheese and yoghurt should be included in diet.
- Do not mix many varieties of food in a single meal.
- Take meals at least two hours before going to bed
- Intake food rich in Vitamin B12 and iron.