Sometimes you need a little help to wake up in the morning. Nothing rouses you in the morning quite like the smell of freshly brewed coffee, and if it offers skin beautifying benefits, you definitely can’t lose, so go ahead — slather some on.
This recipe couples a rich, smoky coffee aroma with the sweet scent of peppermint — known in aromatherapy for its mentally stimulating, energizing properties. Thanks to raw sugar crystals and olive oil, which exfoliate and moisturize, your body gets a pick-me-up, too. It makes enough for two to three applications.
Making this scrub helps you to tailor the ingredients to what your skin needs, also.you’ve had a chance to test which oils the best condition and moisturize your skin. Just be sure to rinse with very warm water right after the scrub to get the majority of the pore-clogging oil off. Some oil left on your face is okay if you have typically dry skin.
Needed Tools and Materials
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup pure turbinado sugar
- 15 drops peppermint essential oil (Mentha piperita)
- 1/2 cup used coffee grounds from a freshly brewed pot
How To Prepare
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl; using a fork, thoroughly blend. Transfer the scrub to a wide-mouthed jar, and store in a cool place until ready to use. The scrub will keep for one to two weeks, longer if refrigerated.
2. While showering, apply handfuls of the coffee scrub to wet skin in circular motions, starting at the feet and working up. The scrub contains oil, so it’s best to do this over a rubber mat to avoid slipping. Pay particular attention to rough spots such as heels, ankles, knees, and elbows and cellulite affected areas.
3. After scrubbing, cleanse skin, as usual, using a mild natural soap or body wash. Pat skin dry with a fluffy towel and follow with lotion to seal in the moisture. Pamper yourself and let us know what you think.