A foot blister is a small fluid-filled bump that forms in the upper skin layer of the foot. It is usually caused by repeated friction or rubbing in one area.
The possible causes of blisters include over stress on your body, sweating, wearing new shoes, and constant friction during physical activity.There is no difference between the blisters you get on your hands and feet. Getting rid of them quick is always a high priority and we’ve got 5 quick home remedies to help you get rid of them.
Apply castor oil
Castor oil is a popular home remedy for blisters. What to do: Apply before you go to bed, and let sit overnight to help your blister dry up and heal. You can mix the castor oil with apple cider vinegar to further aid healing.
Aloe vera is a natural healer and hence very effective in treating foot blisters. It has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce redness and swelling. It also keeps the skin hydrated so it heals faster.
- Apply fresh aloe vera gel on the blister and allow it to dry on its own. Rinse it off with warm water.
- Another option is to prepare a mixture with equal amounts of aloe vera gel and vitamin E oil. Apply it on the blister and allow it to dry on its own. Rinse it off with warm water.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has antibacterial properties, so it could help prevent infection once the blister pops. Vinegar is likely to sting, so if you use it, dip a cotton swab into the vinegar, and gently swab around the open or popped area.
Vaseline or Gel
Vaseline or any other petroleum gel can also help cure blisters. Apply it to the blister before going to bed to see a notable improvement by morning.
What to do:
- Fill a foot tub with warm water and stir in 1 to 2 Tbsp of Epson salt.
- Allow your feet to soak in the mixture for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove your feet from the water pat them dry and apply an essential oil.
- Repeat daily for several days.